Whether you’re looking to buy solar panels or are thinking about solar panel prices, there are many things to consider so you understand their benefits. With the increasing population and destruction of trees earth is close to ruin. Scarcity of natural resources has also become a major problem. Considering the concerns of global climate change, solar energy has become reliable as a renewable source of energy causing no pollution, consistent and steady source of energy. Solar energy is going to last forever, it never runs out. On the other hand, other natural resources like oil and coal are estimated to last the next 30 or 40 years. If you need more info, you can look up solar panel prices at Go Green Academy.
Use of Solar Energy
Solar Panel: Solar panels produce electricity from sun’s heat. It is also called a solar PV system. The panel or module consists of semiconductor materials like silicon. It absorbs the sun’s energy and converts it into AC (Alternating Current) or DC power.
Heating water: Solar energy can be used to heat water. It can save you a lot of money. You can increase the efficiency by 15% to 30% by replacing your conventional electric heater with a solar water heater.
Cooking with solar energy: Cooking with the usual resources like electric oven, can cost you a lot of money. Have you ever considered cooking with a solar oven? It is very cheap and easier than you think. A solar oven powered by only sun’s energy can save you a lot of money. A box, aluminum foil, duct tape and a cooking bag that is all you need.
Ten advantages to consider about solar panel prices
- Sustainable source of energy: Solar energy is an everlasting source of energy. We can rely on it because it is consistency. Using solar power for our uses might not compromise the ability of future generation.
- Renewable: It means it is never going to run out. According to NASA, the sun will be alive for another 6.5 billion years and we will be able to access solar energy till that time.
- Environment friendly: Solar energy causes no pollution to the environment or habitat. Excess use of oil and gas has caused a large amount of green house gas emission which is the main cause of global warming. By using solar energy, we can reduce the pollution and decelerate the global climate change.
- Cost efficient: Solar energy can be used to produce power in the remote areas where it is very expensive to set up a power plant.
- Easy to maintain: Solar panels do not require continuous maintenance as they do not have any moving parts.
- Creating employment: Production of power from solar energy, building and installing solar panels, heaters and research can create employment opportunities.
- Storage of excess power: Modern technologies have enabled us to store the excess generated power to use in future needs.
- Versatility: Solar power can be used for many appliances besides household. It can serve low power purposes too such as watches, calculators.
- Solar powered vehicles: According to recent researches, solar power can be used to run vehicles which can save us a lot of money and reduce pollution.
- As an earning source: production of power from solar energy can pay you by getting tax credit and incentives from government.