It’s again time to say THANKS TO YOU ALL, dear Readers, particularly to the following bloggers who have nominated The D Spot for the project of Digital Filipino’s Janet Toral called the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2007 (blogs that started anytime from August 1, 2006 to the present, which have gradually been gaining a considerable amount of readership and influence).
As of Week 11 (Final Week), The D Spot was ranked #3. Awarding will be on 1 August.
From the bottom of my Sexy Heart, THANKS TO YOU ALL, dear Readers, Blogfriends, and my Family for having supported me, such that I am now doing what I like most-WRITING, which is my passion. Thanks, Janette for this initiative, which has acknowledged and inspired the new bloggers, winners and not.
And to all the Winners, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
- An Apple a Day
- The Philosophical Bastard
- The D Spot
- Make Money Online with a 13-Year Old
- Culture Shiok!
The Anitokid Chronikos
- It’s not only fruity, it’s oaty!
- The Dork Factor
Special thanks to the following who submitted nominations for The D Spot, and their comments:
- Benj of Atheista: “This blog wasn’t on my original list. Why? Because I made the silly assumption that she has been blogging for years now. One quick look at her blog roll reveals that despite being the matriarch of the esteemed Racoma blog dynasty, she is still a newcomer when it comes to online journals. With her deft writing skills, she’s able draw and keep readers from her generation as well as visitors from her kids’ generation (i.e. mine). That has to count for something, right?”
- Shari of Misteryosa: “Maybe it’s because she comes from a family of bloggers, or maybe it’s because she’s a mother of 5 bloggers, or maybe it’s simply because she’s a Racoma, but Tita Dine is sure making her way up there like the sexy mom that she is. Her blog entries range from parenting and family, to food, to health, to other sheer utter brilliance that she likes to write and I love to read. And I also want her Sexy MacBook.”
- Aileen Apolo of An Apple A Day: for parenting
- DC Panganiban of Technology at Hand: “Sexy Mom calls herself a Young Retiree. She has recreated herself, now a Freelance Writer, Researcher, Problogger, and New Media Consultant.”
- Lizette of bittersweet coffee
- Mitchteryosa’s When Silence Speaks
- Noemi Dado of About My Recovery: “Dine wrote her first entry on November 8 , 2006 and I was the first to post a comment! Wow, am I blessed. I admire this loving mother for maintaining her sanity despite having 7 kids. I know she has her own way of organizing her household. What totally amazes me is “what happens when all 7 of them hollers MOM, can you….?””
- Joan Pinon of Sweet World of Joan: “I like the way she shares her experiences in raising children.”
- Diogenes of Quasi Fictional: “a Freelance Writer, Researcher, Problogger, and New Media Consultant.”
- Tina of Life is Abundant: “I like reading her blog since she mostly talks about mommy-daughter relationships… and I am sure she has influenced a lot of her readers.”
- Maia Jose of Manila Mom
- Dr. Tess Termulo of Prudence and Madness: “Yeah, I thought she’s been blogging for years, being popular and all (all pinoy bloggers know her). But I was proven wrong. So, hey, I’ve got to nominate this blog. Who knew that a sexy mom can blog so well? Definitely an influential blog.”
- Em Dy of Pulse: Sexy Mom writes about her parenting experience and much more.
- Micaela of DagupeNa Dreamer: The Queen of the Racoma Blogging Dynasty! Known in the World-Wide-Web as the SexyMom, she just started her blogging career late last year yet she’s one of the most loved blogger today. No wonder since I’ve seen how supportive she is to her son, JAngelo during his speech at the iBlog3. Her entries are well-written and you can really see that she’s a great mom to her 7 kids and a seductive partner to the king hehehe (oops sorry for the term!). She’s one of my cyber titas as well. Hope to see more mommy bloggers like her in the future!
- Maki Eduardo’s No Need for Ink
- BA’s bababa ba? o aakayat
- Annamanila’s An Ode to Old: Dine Racoma aka SEXY MOM of D-spot for her prolific and exemplary blogs on parenting and family life, continuing education, friendship, and other values we hold dear
- Alan Jr’s My first blog: My mom has many friends who read her blog. My mom is happy when I post.
- Kristine’s The Journey and Beyond
- Claire’s A Timelss Life: The epitome of a classy and respectable parent, being able to raise 7 kids and still maintain a happy disposition in life.. i’m a regular reader of her blog and i can say that she influences me a lot!
- Gibbs Cadiz: Like her friend Anna, Dine’s big-hearted embrace of life and the roles it has assigned her is an inspiration. Any woman with the sass, poise and self-assurance to call herself SexyMom–prudes be damned–deserves emulation. What more if she proves herself worthy of the label with her thoughtful, practical posts?
- Jengkie of jengkiejourneys
- Scrooch, Cookie or Konkong of ScroochChronicles: for showing me that being a Mom needn’t be boring and unexciting. And again for bringing sexy back into mommyhood.
- FX’s Calm Before the Storm
- Carl Ocab’s Make Money Online with a 13-Year Old: A sexy mommy blogger? And a freelancer? AND a blogger? Now that is a modern mom!
- J Angelo’s The J Spot
Janette announced that there will be an August 1 eyeball for those who submitted their entries/nominations. Ten winners of $100 each will be drawn on this day. Those who can’t make it are still part of the draw and can win.
- Different Plagiarism Checkers Available Online
- Internet Concerns and Action Points--a timely reminder to all students, parents, schools, etc.
- Nicanor Perlas--Championing alternative politics for a better Philippines
- My Top 10 Viral Videos in 2009
- Blog Action Day '09 Climate Change: There is HOPE...if only
- A(H1N1) flu virus--will it make us less physical and intimate with those that we love?
- Blogging 101 (a basic introduction)